Founded in 1986, Taiwanese United Fund (TUF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting our understanding of Taiwanese people and culture. TUF regularly sponsors such cultural events as concerts, arts affairs and colloquiums on films and literature, featuring Taiwanese musicians, artists, film directors and writers. To broaden its cultural exchange undertaking, TUF has established a grant program to support researches, publications, programs and activities that augment TUF's endeavors.
TUF's Grants Committee administers the processing and review of grant applications, and makes recommendations to the TUF Board of Directors for final decisions. The Grants Committee, in general, observes the following established guild lines:
- TUF limits its funding for a program to a maximum of 50% of the program's direct expenses.
- TUF's funding is only for the direct expenses of a program, and should not be used for the operating cost of an organization that oversees the program.
- TUF seeks diversified programs to support, and has a 20% funding goal for the type of program that have not been funded by TUF.
- TUF encourages participation of the youth in community affairs, and has a 20% funding goal for programs that have not been funded by TUF.
- TUF's grant policies are reviewed periodically. Its funding priority may differ from one year to another based on its key objectives at a given time.
- Programs receiving TUF grants shall acknowledge TUF's support, commensurate with the grants received, in related publications, public announcements and promotional materials.
- Grant applications may be submitted anytime while funding is available. The Grants Committee will make its best effort to complete the review process in three months. Applications received after the funding has been exhausted will not be processed until new funding is available for the following fiscal year, which begins with January 1st.
Application form and guidelines are available upon request via e-mail to email@example.com or by mail addressed to "TUF Grants Committee, 3001 Walnut Grove Avenue, Suite 7, Rosemead, CA 91770" or download by clicking on the following links: